All these essays and papers can be freely downloaded by clicking on the title. They are in PDF format, and can be read with various programmes including Acrobat Reader and Preview.
- ‘All in this together’: The depoliticisation of community art in Britain, 1970-2011 (ICAF Rotterdam)
- ‘Late Flowering: Art and wellbeing in old age’ (Lang Leve Kunst, Netherlands)
- ‘Creative Progressions: Reflections on quality in participatory arts‘ (UNESCO e-journal, Melbourne)
- The Art of Uncertainty: Art practice and leadership in a time of crisis (Clore/NESTA)
- Reflections in an Alpine Lake Report on the CWE meeting, Slovenia (Council of Europe)
- Reformation and Reaffirmation Concluding Statement of CWE meeting (Council of Europe)
- Framing Conversations, Paper for the Platform for Intercultural Europe’s Forum meeting in Brussels
- When Games are not Games: Essay about the value of art in children and young people’s learning (Engage Journal 22)
- Common Ground: Essay about cultural action as a route to community development, with case studies of rural touring and the Living Heritage programme in SE Europe (Community Development Journal, Vol.42.4)
For older essays, books and research reports not listed here, please go to my Academia page.